Prices & Availability
Click on the booking dates to see prices.
Terms & Conditions
- Period of Hire. Letting commences from 4 pm on the day of arrival and terminates at 10am on the day of departure. Hire is on a weekly basis from Friday to Friday unless otherwise agreed. Short term lets of 3 or 4 days maybe possible subject to Availability. The maximum period of let is 3 weeks. The property is let for holiday purposes only and only to the persons named on the booking summary form.
- Booking & Payment. Availability is as shown on the www. Booking is made online. Upon clicking date of arrival and filling in the Booking Form a provisional booking summary & number is generated which is sent to the owners who will confirm by return availability. A firm booking is accepted once a deposit for the sum of £200.00 is paid to the Owners.
The balance of the hire charge shall be payable 8 weeks before the commencement of the letting period. If the balance is not received by this date then the Owners will be entitled to re-let for the period and Deposit will be forfeited by the Client. For bookings made less than 4 weeks in advance, full payment is required at time of booking.
A Good Housekeeping Deposit of £150.00 is payable on booking and is fully refundable.
Acceptable methods of payment are:
- Direct transfer to UK Bank account, see Booking Summary form for owners Details
- Card payment, via. linkon Booking Summary form
- Cheque drawn on a UK bank account.
Once the booking is confirmed by the Owners the Client is responsible for the full hire charge under the Terms & Conditions of Hire. By making payment of the Deposit it is deemed that you have read and agreed to the Terms & Conditions herein.
- Cancellations. Should a cancellation be made by the Client, the Owners will seek to re-let the property for the period of hire. If successful in doing so a full refund will be made minus an administration charge of £50, if not the deposit will be forfeited by the Client. If cancellation occurs less than 4 weeks prior to hire and the Owners are unable to re-let for the period, then the entire hire fee will be forfeited by the Client.
- Availability. If the property cannot be made available for the period booked due to events beyond the Owners' control and the Owners are forced to cancel the booking, the whole of the hire charge will be refunded and the Client will have no further claim against the Owners. Clients are strongly advised to take out a Holiday Cancellation Insurance Policy. Availability is shown on the www site. Should you wish to discuss a booking please contact the owners by email:info@ApplecrossHolidayCottages.co.uk.
- Services. Use of electricity for heat, light and cooking, fuel for the wood burner stove, bed linen & towels are all included in the weekly tariffs. Please bring your own beach towels and baby equipment.
- Number of Persons using the properties. The number of persons occupying the property should not exceed the maximum number of 6 (or number agreed), as stated for the property. Sub-letting is strictly prohibited.
- Complaints & Problems. Should there be any problem or cause for complaint during the period of letting, please contact our local Caretaker or the Owners as soon as possible and we will attempt to rectify the problem.
- Breakage or Damage. For the benefit of the next Clients staying in the house, please advise us of any breakage or damage that occurs during your stay. We do not charge for breakages or damage occurring as a result of normal use, but reserve the right to demand payment for damage or breakages occurring as a result of reckless or deliberate misuse.
- Care of Property. The Client shall take reasonable and proper care of the property, its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same clean and tidy condition and state of repair at the end of the letting period as at the beginning. No dogs are allowed upstairs, on beds or on soft furnishings.
- Pets. One well-behaved family dog is welcomed, please bring own bowls and bedding etc. Please let us know in advance if you intend to bring your pet. No pets are allowed upstairs, on beds or soft furnishings if there is additional cleaning required due to dogs staying guests will be charged for the additional cleaning. This is a rural Crofting area and care must be taken as sheep/ lambs and chickens roam close by. A Pet supplement of £20 is charged.
- Liability. The Owners shall have no liability for any death, personal injury, damage or loss of personal property unless this results from our own negligence. Please take care of small children as the cottage is close to a rocky beach and the old Pier, where there are no protective barriers.
- Right of Entry. We reserve the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out necessary repairs or maintenance.
- Injury Loss or Damage. The use of the property, its grounds and equipment is entirely at the Client's risk and no responsibility can be accepted by the Owners for injury to the Client or a member of his or her party, not for injury loss or damage to their belongings, including motor vehicles. Client's Responsibility -The Client is responsible for the property and contents should be left clean at the end of the holiday and any breakages or damages or faults reported to the Owners. Please email the owner or leave a note for the Housekeeper.
- Contract.The Contract of Hire is between the Client and Greig & Kathleen Munro, the Owners of "Pier Cottage", Camusterrach, Applecross IV54 8LU.